The NeveRest Classic 40 is a gearmotor with an attached encoder. The output shaft geometry and the gearbox housing diameter is similar to what FTC teams are familiar with. The shaft is 6mm dia and the gearbox housing is 37mm in diameter
The power cable which feeds into the black encoder housing has two powerpole connectors already crimped to the end of the cable.
The NeveRest Classic 40 comes with the am-2993 cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller.
- Overall Length: 133.5mm (5.26 in)
- Maximum Diameter: 37mm (1.46 in)
- Output Shaft size: 6mm (0.24 in) with 0.5mm deep flat
- Weight: 0.776 pounds
- Mounting Geometry: Six, M3 tapped holes on a 31mm bolt circle
- Maximum thread depth: 3.5mm. Do not go beyond this, or you can damage the plate and stop the motor.
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 6-pin connector for motor power and encoder contact
- Gear Material: Steel
- Body Material: Steel with plastic encoder housing
- Lubrication: Included with gearbox
- Shaft Hardness: 45-50 Rockwell C (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_scale)
- Wire Gauge: 18 AWG
Theoretical Performance Specs:
- Gearbox Reduction: 40:1
- Voltage: 12 volt DC
- No Load Free Speed, at gearbox output shaft: 160 RPM
- Gearbox Output Power: 14W
- Stall Torque: 350 oz-in
- Stall Current: 11.5A
- Output counts per revolution of Output Shaft (cpr): 1120 Pulses